1. Children’s Privacy
2. Information We Collect
Information we collect about you when you use our Website can be: (i) Personal Information; or (ii) Anonymous Information. “Personal Information” is any information that could reasonably be used to identify you or another person, and “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you or any other individual personally.
We may collect Personal Information in the ways described below. If you do not provide certain Personal Information to us when requested, you may not be able to access or use certain features of our Website if that information is needed for a particular feature.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily
When you register for our Website, you will need to provide Personal Information which will include your: (i) first name; (ii) last name; (iii) e-mail address; (iv) physical address or mailing address; and (v) phone number (landline and/or mobile). You may also provide us with Personal Information in other ways such as when you send us an e-mail, post any content to our Website, or submit information or answers through comment forms or text boxes on our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition to information you voluntarily provide to us, if you visit our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies, to collect certain information about your usage of our Website, which will mainly be Anonymous Information such as: (i) pages of our Website that you visit or view; (ii) actions you take on certain pages or screens such as clicking; (iii) general demographic information; or (iv) information about your computing device (e.g., desktop or mobile), operating system, or browser type. To learn more about the automatic data collection technologies we may use, please review our “Cookies Policy” below.
3. Cookies Policy
4. How We Use and Share Information
We may use information we collect about our Website visitors and users, including Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To accept applications for possible employment by our Company and to recruit such applicants for possible employment;
- To receive communications from potential investors in our Company;
- To provide our Website and its features and functionality to our users and fulfill product or informational requests by our users;
- To personalize our users’ experience using our Website;
- To conduct research and analyze data to improve our Website or our products;
- To enable vendors and contractors to assist us with marketing, operation, troubleshooting and analysis of our Website;
- To deliver email messages to our users such as responses to employment applications, updates, newsletters, product announcements, or announcements regarding changes to our Website or this Policy;
- To recommend new content that may be of interest to our users;
- To verify the identity of our users and process transactions our users participate in;
- To respond to user inquiries, and send users transaction-related emails or provide users with notices about their account or registration;
- To protect our Website, including protecting our users’ accounts;
- Enforce our Terms, our legal rights, and to comply with applicable law, a subpoena, or other legal process, or to protect against liability and when we believe in good faith that disclosure of user information is necessary to protect our rights, protect our or other users’ safety, investigate fraudulent activity, or respond to legal requests from governmental authorities; and
- To fulfill any other purpose for which a user provides Personal Information to us including any way we describe when the user provides the information to us or for any other purpose with the user’s consent.
We do not sell to or share with third parties your Personal Information for purposes of their advertising, marketing, soliciting, or telemarketing. As noted below, we may share aggregated or anonymous information about our users, and other information that does not identify any particular individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors or other service providers that we may need to employ from time to time to support our Website and business, such as for troubleshooting or servicing our Website, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we shared it;
- To a buyer or other successor-in-interest to our Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If in our reasonable judgment we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our employees or customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, or to protect the functionality or operation of our Website, including detecting any misuse or fraudulent activity; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which a user provided it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when the user provides the information.
5. Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We may at times aggregate or anonymize (i.e., de-identify) any information collected through our Website. Such anonymized information will no longer be able to be used to identify you or any other individual. We may therefore use such aggregated or anonymized information for any purpose, including but not limited to, for our own research and marketing purposes, or for sharing with any third parties at our discretion, such as promotional sponsors or potential partners or investors.
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
In addition, if you request deletion of your account or any Personal Information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity which may include requiring you to supply government or other identification or verifying your name, e-mail address, or other account information. We may also not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we cannot verify your identity or if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Also, certain of your information may be exempt from deletion requests in some circumstances such as if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests, to comply with legal obligations, or if we need to investigate fraud or other issues in connection with our Website.
Regarding any aggregated and anonymized information as described above, you will not be able to request any changes to or deletion of any de-identified, anonymous, or aggregated data.
7. Data Security and Retention
We use a variety of technical, physical, and administrative measures intended to keep your Personal Information secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and/or disclosure. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also largely depends on you as a user of our Website. You are responsible for keeping your Personal Information and any user ID and password confidential. You should not therefore share your user ID or password information with anyone. We are not responsible for any loss of information caused by our users’ failure to maintain the confidentiality of their Personal Information or user ID and/or password. You should also not post any Personal Information to any public areas of our Website or other websites as such information could then be viewable by other users or third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure at all times. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of such Personal Information transmitted through our Website at all times. You therefore acknowledge that any transmission of such information is completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Website.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Website or respond to any of your inquiries. However, after deleting any information or closing your account, we may need to retain and use your information, including Personal Information, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Third-Party Links
9. Notice to International Users
Since we are located in the United States of America, your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States. Therefore, if you are located outside the United States and use our Website, your information will be transferred to the United States, which has its own privacy laws regarding data protection. Please note that the laws and regulations in the United States regarding protection of your Personal Information may not be the same as those in the country where you live. Therefore, if you do not wish for your Personal Information to be collected and processed in the United States, your only choice is to not use our Website.
We may at times use subcontractors to process your Personal Information or share your Personal Information with business partners located in countries other than your country of residence. Such third parties may be engaged in the provision of services to us or you, the processing of transactions or provision of support services. By providing your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge and agree to such transfer, storage, or use.
10. Contact Us
Biomea Fusion, Inc.
900 Middlefield Road, 4th Floor
Redwood City, CA, 94063
Last modified: October 2020